Pages

Monday, October 27, 2014

Review: Sons of The King - Volume 1 - Fallen Idols Olivia Miller and Mark Miller

17343343
Mark Miller (One, Small World Global Protection Agency) teams with his daughter and first time author Olivia Miller.
In Sons of the King, they have created a fantasy world with a touch of science fiction. In the land of Mysstira on the planet Kaskaya, a great King has three sons. When a mysterious visitor falls from the sky, their world is changed forever. The sons of the King will soon face their destiny.
Chapter One introduces the sons: Taro, Diggold and Fallon. Also, an old farmer named Esephis discovers a visitor with a secret.

I received this book to give an honest review. I did not read it to K. But I figured I would add my review here as well as on my other blog because I believe this may be a story for the older kiddos. 

So it took me a minute to get into the book and when I started, I wondered where the book was going to go but then it was over. It literally was 10 pages which I can understand since it seems to be part of a series. 

I felt there was not enough of a character building of characters to really get a feel as to who they were. All I learned really was that there are three brothers Taro, Diggold and Fallon and they all get to split a ring on Fallon's birthday. Which I felt bad for Fallon because he just wanted to spend time with his father the King, but of course that got cut short and we find out why. But that is where the story ends and you have to read book two to find out.  There did not seem to be a good description of the world that the King and his people live in. I got that there was a dome, but why? I felt that there could have been more descriptions on the world that was created, then you throw in an alien and you really start wondering what is going on. 
Though I am intrigued by the visitor who has came to their planet, and what exactly did he give the farmer Esephis. 
I think this book would be great for the younger kids I would say around 10 on up especially being as it seems to be done in parts and not one big novel so the kids by enjoy that a bit more.
This is a story that takes place in a different world and a different time with kings and princes. I would say give this book a try and see if you enjoy it. It was not exactly something for me. I wanted more and it wasn't fully delivered in my thoughts. 







No comments:

Post a Comment