Pages

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Review: There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Fly by: Rashin Kheiriyeh

21481359
We all remember the old lady who swallowed a fly, a spider, a cat, a dog, a cow, and a horse. Now we know how she did it! Rashin s colorful and comedic illustrations take you mid-gulp to mid-belly as the animals are swallowed whole. Her devoted cat tries to help: Stop! Don t eat it. Try this! But when the old lady grabs the cat it s every beast for itself: Eat the dog! And when the old lady cheers: Catch it! the critters leap into action to catch the one that was swallowed before."


We received this book via NetGalley to give an honest review.

I remember reading this book as a kid and I believe K has read this book as well in school. So I know he enjoys laughing at the lady who swallowed all the animals. 
The only reason I am giving this book a 4 rating is because one it didn't work well with my nook, second when I read it on the computer I could barely read the words. They were way to small and so I would recommend the publisher check on the formatting before making this book published.
K's thought on the book was that it was funny she swallowed all the animals and that when she died she became a ghost. 

The story is funny as we see what animals the lady will be swallowing to get rid of the animal before that one. The pictures were illustrated well enough that it would capture the attention of the kids reading the story. The ending is different from what I remember from the original which makes the book different. 








No comments:

Post a Comment