Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Review: Skylanders: The Kaos Trap by Ron Marz, Mike Bowden

22273076
The #1 kids videogame and hottest-selling toy, Skylanders, is coming to your bookshelf in all-new comic book adventures! Join fan-favorite characters Spyro, Stealth Elf, Trigger Happy, and more in these original, never-before-seen stories that tie directly into the videogames.


We received this book via NetGalley. K loves Skylanders it is like the best thing around, and I have to say I love the characters. They are all pretty cool so when I saw that this book was up for review I knew I had to get it to read to K. 
Loved the story being as it is in comic book form this is our first comic book type story we have read together the illustrations were greatly done that they attract you to the book. The reason that this is getting 3 stars is because one it seemed to say end and then the story would continue. I didn't understand that. It was all one big comic story but why was the word "end" written after so many pages? Also it seemed to jump with the story. When it would say "end" there would be another story yes it all went together but it seemed that it is missing something to connect them.
Second, the writing it was really really hard to read on the nook color. I found myself squinting my eyes constantly and bringing the book up to my face. I think that the author needs to change the size of the font. Also the color of the text. When Master Eon would talk his text is in a bright blue which makes it hard to read. 
If these things could be changed I can change my review up to a 4. 







No comments:

Post a Comment