Pages

Friday, June 13, 2014

Review: Zombie Halloween (Goosebumps Most Wanted Special Edition #1) by R.L. Stine

18938108
The infamous, Most Wanted Goosebumps characters are out on the loose and after you. Just in time for Halloween, a super special edition!
Kenny Manzetti was the new kid in town. His family moved back in to an old house to help take care of his grandfather. Everyone in his new neighborhood is obsessed with zombies--even Grandpa Mo. But then a new family moves in next door and there choice in furniture is...interesting.
Kenny is convinced that there is something strange about the new neighbors but his parents won't listen to him. So Kenny and his friends go in for a closer look. A bad idea on any day but definitely the wrong choice around Halloween. Will Kenny survive long enough to go trick or treating?
With an extended page count this special edition is a scream!


The only reason this book is not on my other blog page is because this book is more for a younger audience than what is on my blog. So this review has been done only by me and not my son as he would not like this story yet.

I received this book via NetGalley to give an honest review.

I grew up reading R.L. Stine and I think the last Goosebumps book I picked up was when I was probably 13 or 14 years old. So when I saw this book was up for review I had to get my hands on it. I love R.L. Stine's writing. He has a way to lure you into the spooky story and have you wondering what are these kids going to do now. With Zombie Halloween we start off back in the 1940's I believe and a old house with a cliff hanger. Then fast forward to the present. Kenny and his family live in this old house. Now I did not connect two and two until later on the story!! It was like what? Kenny of course starts this amazing, funny zombie patrol as him and his friend are really stuck on zombies.
When his sister wants to throw a Halloween party Kenny gets this idea of throwing a zombie party, but happens when the real zombies come out?
Then a new kid ends up moving next to Kenny and his family and that starts a whole thing of could they be zombies? Kenny of course has to investigate I mean you just have to.
Grandpa Mo has a bit of a secret himself which you just have to read to find out.
Not only that the ending has you gonna SAY WHAT!
R.L. Stine has done it again with this amazing story telling. The only problem I had with this book is that I do not own in paperback.




No comments:

Post a Comment