Pages

Friday, May 16, 2014

Review: Even More Parts by Tedd Arnold

1026979
Chip Block, the hero of Parts, is back, and still worried about falling apart based on the things he hears. This time he’s made a list of all the strange, crazy things he’s heard people say: “I lost my head.” “My nose is running.” “I sang my heart out. . . .” It’s scary stuff, but he has a plan for making sure he doesn’t accidentally leave any of his parts behind. A hilarious sequel to the wildly popular Parts and More Parts.



K picked this book up from his school library.

When I saw the cover of this book I was like oh goodness what did you pick up now K. And he replied with "it's a funny book about body parts."

So I just knew it would be funny. Little did I know it would give us idioms of what it means to lose your head, get tongue twisted and other fun things. This is a funny way for kids to interpret how we say things as adults. Kids take them differently than what we mean. 
We both enjoyed the bottom of each page as it told more idioms from a tank, dinosaur and a action figure along with the young boy. 
Full of laughs for the semi older kids I would say 6-10? Age group possibly. 




No comments:

Post a Comment