Pages

Friday, November 8, 2013

Review: Five Little Monkeys With Nothing To Do by Elieen Christelow


712103
It's summer, school is out, and the five little monkeys are bored. "There is nothing to do!" they tell Mama. "Oh yes, there is," says Mama. "Grandma Bessie is coming for lunch, and the house must be neat and clean." Well-meaning as ever, the five little monkeys clean their room and go on to sweep the floors, scrub the bathroom, and pick berries for dessert. But then . . . Children will welcome the return of the five little monkeys, who make the same kinds of messes they do.

We picked this book up from our local library.

Yet here we are again with another funny monkey book. I really liked this one as it gave me ideas to use to get my son to do some chores. Being a parent I hear the "I have nothing to do"  a lot especially during the summer when he is use to school. So reading this book I was like hmmm gonna have to try something like this the next time I hear those words. All the hard work the monkeys do only to end up back where they were at the beginning I can see why momma monkey needs help! Messy little monkeys. K's favorite part was the ending where all their hard work was a disaster. 
A repetitive book that is a great read for all and the illustrations are awesome. 






No comments:

Post a Comment