Pages

Friday, October 11, 2013

Review: Gregory, The Terrible Eater by Mitchell Sharmat

135297
Gregory, the Terrible Eater, wants orange juice and eggs for breakfast. His parents are terribly upset!Why can't Gregory eat striped ties and violins, like the rest of the goats?
Jose Aruego and Ariane Dewey have entered into the spirit of Mitchell Sharmat's upside-down, turned-around world with bold, wacky, expressive illustrations. The trio's exuberant collaboration provokes healthy laughter and even includes a colorful chart which gives fresh meaning to the concept of "junk food."


We picked this book up from our public library.

This is one of my favorite books growing up. I found it bothersome now as a parent than when I was younger of course the background for the story. Being as you have goat who wants to eat healthy but then is told you have to eat other things instead of healthy food. But I would still give this book a 5 star rating.
You have Gregory who is not your ordinary goat he rather eat healthy than junk. But of course that is what a goat eats, junk.  My son loved how Gregory got a tummy ache from eating to much junk food, especially since I push that with him. I always tell him too much junk makes your tummy get bigger. I enjoyed the ending where not only did they eat wax paper for breakfast but they did have eggs and orange juice. So in a way Gregory did eat a bit healthy.

This book is a perfect read for those picky eaters that we call children, they get to read about a goat who is just as picky. We get to see what happens when Gregory eats like a pig and his ending result. I would say this book is good for ages 4 maybe 5 on up. 

The illustrations were awesomely drawn. Overall a perfect read for the younger children. I do believe this is one book I will be adding to our growing library here at home. It is one of those books you just have to have because it is a classic. 








No comments:

Post a Comment